In today’s news:
- “Setting the stage for a collision of religion and politics.” Our new video on preaching and partisan politics – Pulpit Politics: The Race for Pastor-in-Chief – shows why religion and partisan politics are better left kept a long-distance relationship, despite Alliance Defense Fund’s so-called “Pulpit Freedom Sunday,” this weekend. [Los Angeles Times]
- Democrats are framing our economic crisis as a ‘values’ issue. [Sacramento Bee]
- How many days in a row will we see a story referencing both Barack Obama and the Antichrist? [Media Matters]
- As McCain has pseudo-suspended his presidential campaign, Bill Clinton is following suit and suspending his own campaigning – until after the Jewish holidays! Oy. [CNN]
- A court has ruled that monitoring Muslim visitors through the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System was legal. [Associated Press]
Religion and politics in today’s news – a great economic value – in today’s news, from Interfaith Alliance.