This week on State of Belief, Interfaith Alliance’s weekly radio show and podcast, we’ll look back on this past week’s Democratic National Convention. Rev. Welton Gaddy, host of State of Belief, shares commentary and conversations with leaders, activists and delegates who were part of the Convention.
The Rev. Dr. Derrick Harkins is National Director of Interfaith Outreach for the Democratic National Committee. With observers noting an increase in faith voices at this year’s virtual gathering, it’s important to find out if this was deliberate – and if the effort went as panned at this most unconventional of Conventions.
Political Management Expert Greg Lebel co-hosted the daily Convention wrap-ups we’ve been posting all week – and joins Welton for a big-picture look back at the DNC, and to preview what’s coming in the week ahead from the Republican National Convention.
You’ll also hear some excerpts from the DNC-related interviews Welton conducted during the week. The full video interviews are available here. Guests include:
- Rt. Rev. Mariann Budde, Episcopal Bishop of Washington
- Sister Simone Campbell, Executive Director of NETWORK
- Anya Leonhard, Democrats Abroad
- Sarah Levin, Secular Democrats of America and the DNC Interfaith Council.
- Rabbi Jack Moline, President of Interfaith Alliance
- Rev. Rob Schenck, Executive Director of the Dietrich Bonhoeffer Institute
- Suhag Shukla, Esq., Executive Director of the Hindu American Foundation
- Rev. Liz Theoharis, co-chair of the Poor People’s Campaign
State of Belief is made possible in great part by the generous support of our listeners. Please consider making a donation to help keep us on the air at this critical time.