In today’s news:
- Last Saturday’s Saddleback Church McCain-Obama faith-off forum continues to hold center stage in the media with a host of news and reviews recapping an unbelievable event. The Economist is riding the media’s wild-west allegory about Blazing Saddleback – while others recount thoughtful questions, candid answers [Miami Herald]. For some, it’s all a matter of going to church (Philadelphia Enquirer). But for the blogosphere, it was just “a really stupid idea” [TalktoAction].
- How should catholics vote? Ask the [LA Times].
- For where to start a new media frenzy on the next religious swing-vote demographic – The Amish population’s doubled in 16 years [Associated Press].
- The Street Prophets blog writes John McCain whispers sweet nothings to Apocalypticists.
- Want to get away from it all? A floating church offers solace for stressed traders. [Reuters]
We’ll be floating in the mainstream. Religion and politics, in today’s news, from Interfaith Alliance.