It’s time for your daily two scoops of news:
- McCain and Obama each write personal religious statements, and the campaign for Pastor-In-Chief rolls on! [Time]
- Richard Land on why evangelicals will end up voting for McCain: “I’ll take a third class fireman over a first class arsonist.” What a ringing endorsement. [NPR]
- Hispanic evangelicals are up for grabs and located in key swing states. [Reuters]
- Pastor endorses school board candidates who attend his church. Yikes. Get ready for an IRS investigation. [Associated Press]
- Are Catholic voters willing to negotiate on the issue of abortion in order to support candidates based on other issues? [New York Times]
Religion and politics news, brought to you at half price (today only) by the Interfaith Alliance.