Bummed to be back at work after a long weekend? Never fear, your news is here.
- Sarah Palin: “Who is she? Why is she here?” To energize evangelicals. [Associated Press; Washington Post]
- However, not every one is fully convinced about Palin’s resume. Who used Dan Quayle as a reference to describe Governor Palin? The answer may surprise you. [Wall Street Journal]
- Speaking of religious voters, which presidential candidate is urging ministers to register their congregants to vote? The answer may surprise you, but then again, maybe not. [Detroit Free Press]
- Pro-GLBT Christians to gather in New Orleans to discuss equality issues. [Houston Chronicle]
- Quote of the day: “Fistfights, crashing helicopters and gun-wielding guerrillas flashed across the screen. The auditorium filled with the sounds of the jungle as Senior Pastor Rob Seagears clomped onto the stage in camouflage and combat boots, toting a rifle, canteen and machete.” [Washington Post]
Religion and politics news, now without roaming charges, brought to you by the Interfaith Alliance.